[clug] OpenMoko

Scott Ferguson scott.ferguson.clug at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 19:24:57 MDT 2014

On 31/10/14 03:55, Bryan Kilgallin wrote:

I'm sorry you're confused. I'll /try/ and clarify.

> And Scott mentioned that his phone was inoperable.

My OpenMoko is bricked - a result of *my* deliberate
actions. Neither unexpected (the GSM stack is designed *not* to be
hackable) nor the result of any failing on the part of the hardware
designers/manufacturers.

That the manufacturer has made it relatively easy to hack the hardware -
and the software on the phone is the reason I bought it. I continue to
be happy with the purchase. It's not the first device I've bricked *with
a soldering iron*, it won't be the last.

The bricking of that particular phone, and its tenuous relationship to
your "troubles" and "complaints" is only that it comes from the same
phone manufacturer.

<snipped>

Kind regards