[clug] OpenMoko

Bryan Kilgallin bryan at netspeed.com.au
Thu Oct 30 10:55:11 MDT 2014

Hal explained how to SSH from Nautilus into the phone. And Scott
mentioned that his phone was inoperable.

I have now used Nautilus to browse around the phone's innards ad
nauseam. And so I better appreciate why "out of the box" it's such a dog!

An obvious feature was the repetitive mostly-empty place-markers! Like
you're supposed to write your own software.

For example I found only two sounds: an alarm and a phone-ring. Whereas
I recall that my old BlackBerry came with whole lists of alternative
ring-tone schemes.

The situation reminds me of a mechanic's description of my previous
twenty two year old dead car. He said that it was a project for an
apprentice.

--
www.netspeed.com.au/bryan/