[clug] Why do we do what we do in Linux? [was Re: Text editor]

steve jenkin sjenkin at canb.auug.org.au
Thu Oct 30 07:35:00 MDT 2014

On 31 Oct 2014, at 12:15 am, Bryan Kilgallin <bryan at netspeed.com.au> wrote:

> Unfortunately I am not up to such turgid text.

Why tell me or the list?
You need to be telling the people that wrote those 3 pieces just what’s wrong, or better yet, do something yourself.
You’ve made a point of telling us 1) you have a lot of time on your hands, 2) you stay up all night doing things and 3) you’ve got a bunch of unfinished projects you’ve been forced to abandon.

The “FOSS way” is if you find something broken, you fix it, for the benefit of others behind you.

One of those links was Wikipedia. Anyone can edit pages. You have the fine prose skills, the time, the motivation and the reward of contributing. You can’t claim, editing a Wikipedia, you “felt unsupported” or other people stopped you from finishing your edits.

If you’re not trolling, then your only valid response is to FIX what you find “turgid text”, not be snarky.

If you’re acting in Good Faith, then your next post of this topic will be “I spent xxx hours fixing that crappy prose, would you give me some feedback”.

--
Steve Jenkin, IT Systems and Design
0412 786 915 (+61 412 786 915)

mailto:sjenkin at canb.auug.org.au http://members.tip.net.au/~sjenkin