[clug] Text editor

Bryan Kilgallin bryan at netspeed.com.au
Thu Oct 30 02:14:58 MDT 2014

Thanks Mick:

> Also, dependant on how new you are to vi(m), there is the vimtutor
> that comes with the vim-enhanced package on RH Distro's.

I have been seriously practising Vim & Vi for a few weeks.

> Just run vimtutor, it opens up a document with the tutorial in it and
> gets you moving.

Yes, I am up to its "Lesson 7 SUMMARY", about help.

> You edit inline.

I found the exercises helpful.

> I’ve been using vi for as long as I can remember (20+ years??) and
> wish that this had have been available when I first started.

As for vi, I have only been practising that (on my phone) for about a week!

> I think that I’ve learned something new every year since.

Can anyone think of a tutorial about Linux as a whole, or some aspects
thereof?

--
www.netspeed.com.au/bryan/