[clug] Why do we do what we do in Linux? [was Re: Text editor]

Bryan Kilgallin bryan at netspeed.com.au
Tue Oct 28 10:07:08 MDT 2014

Thank you for those suggestions, Paul:

> I have Libre Office for letter and brochure work.

I wrote official correspondence in, I think, Gedit. But I printed it
from LibreOffice. Because of the latter's margin handling. So that a
corner staple didn't obscure text!

> I use
> Scribus to do designs for business cards, CD artwork, etc.

I've used such page layout programs at work. Thanks for pointing this
one out to me.

> I use
> Bluefish to code my web site and I just use the inbuilt Mint text editor
> to edit plain text.

I used the Arduino IDE on a Mac.

> I seem to have a different worflow / thinking
> depending on the job at hand.

I have greatly appreciated the wide-ranging discussion here on
everyone's favourite editors!

--
www.netspeed.com.au/bryan/