[clug] Why do we do what we do in Linux? [was Re: Text editor]

Bryan Kilgallin bryan at netspeed.com.au
Mon Oct 27 05:40:05 MDT 2014

Steve:

> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filter_(software)#Unix>

{The command syntax for getting data from a device or file other than
standard input is the input operator (|<|). Similarly, to send data to a
device or file other than standard output is the output operator (|>|).
To append data lines to an existing output file, one can use the append
operator (|>>|). Filters may be strung together into a pipeline
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pipeline_%28software%29> with the pipe
operator ("|||").}

I could use a beginner's tutorial to inculcate this sort of stuff! Like
which is what of the squiggly bits. O:-)
As I have been learning vi/Vim via vimtutor.

--
www.netspeed.com.au/bryan/