[clug] .bash_aliases and .bashrc

Francis Whittle fj.whittle at gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 02:16:08 MDT 2014

On Sun, 2014-10-19 at 13:36 +1100, Scott Ferguson wrote:
> > Humour about "the Any key" aside,
>
> I'm sorry that bothers you.

Bothers, no.  Just noted :)

> > surely this should make the current terminal wait for a signal?
>
> I don't understand your question? (I'm a bit thick)
>
> Yes - the pause function makes the terminal wait for a *key-press*
> signal, by design.
>
> Is that what you mean?

This is more of a "If it looks like a C library function, it should
behave like that function" jibe.
pause(void) from unistd.h suspends the current process until a signal
(e.g. SIGINT, SIGQUIT, SIGCONT, SIGALRM - actually pause + SIGALRM is
how sleep works on most systems, ...) is received.

Cheers,
Francis