[clug] How can I make changes in resolv.conf permanent in RHEL6.3

George at Clug Clug at goproject.info
Sat Oct 4 10:48:26 MDT 2014

    Rusking,

Are you using Static IP configuration ?  Do you switch between WiFi
and Wired networks ?

Not knowing your environment, and not knowing everything about
networking I did not offer any suggested solutions.

For my laptops I use NetworkManager as it provides automatic network
configuration using DHCP.  That is DHCP handles the different network
IP ranges, while NetworkManager nicely handles switching between WiFi
or Wired connections.

For any of the Linux Servers that I run (or Desktops that will not be
moving networks) I usually set static IP and static DNS, hostnames,
DNS servers, and then stop and uninstall NetworkManager completely as
I have never managed to successfully configure NetworkManager for
Static IP and not have it do odd things with the network
configuration.

George.