[clug] Keybase (.io)

Paul Warren pwarren at pwarren.id.au
Sun Nov 30 13:31:48 MST 2014

On 30/11/14 17:05, Chris Smart wrote:
> Anyone heard about (or signed up to) https://keybase.io [1]?
>
> "Get a public key, safely, starting just with someone's social media
> username(s)."
>
> Using a public tracking model [2], you upload your public key and
> provide proofs online like your website or via social media services
> like twitter and github. Then someone who trusts your social media
> identity can trust you public key, too. Interesting idea.
>
> [1] https://github.com/keybase
> [2] https://keybase.io/docs/tracking

I've had it for a while and i like it, nice and easy to use. There is an
option to store your private key on their servers.  I leave it to the
reader to determine if that's a good idea or not!

I have a few invitations left if anyone wants one, I need an email
address to send them to.

Cheers
--
Paul Warren