[clug] A Question About Password Handling and Authentication Mechanisms

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Tue Nov 25 18:25:45 MST 2014

On 26/11/14 12:10, Chris Smart wrote:
> On 26/11/14 07:44, Mick Wahren wrote:
>> If all that seems a bit daunting to setup, try FreeIPA (www.FreeIPA.org) it will do all of the heavy lifting for you. It will also allow you to create a trust relationship with AD and centrally manage your sudo rules.
>
> I've been meaning to give a presentation/demo about FreeIPA at CLUG for
> a while now...

Please do Chris. I get the impression that people are starting to take security as important. At least
I do(*), and the Smart people have done it for years :-) The whole subject is much more complicated than
what our intuition suggests, and hacking it is not acceptable anymore.

Maybe even put FreeIPA in context for home setup as well as enterprise.

> -c

(*) I always was paranoid, but have now started thinking about actually doing something about it.

--
Eyal Lebedinsky (eyal at eyal.emu.id.au)