[clug] Desktop commandline & remote embedded device

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Sat Nov 15 04:42:58 MST 2014

On 15/11/14 22:11, Bryan Kilgallin wrote:
> Thanks Hal:
>
>> Connect nautilus to your phone over ssh.
>
> Just now I had a terminal window with SSH to the phone.
>
>> At the prompt type "mount"
>> to see all the mounted filesystems and pick the one that looks most
>> like the phone.
>
> I got the following list. And I recognised /proc, having been in an error message from a previous attempt to use lscpu.
> Whereas I hadn't intuitively tweaked that /proc was wherein lay info about the CPU, which was what I had been looking for!
>
> rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
> /dev/root on / type jffs2 (rw)
> proc on /proc type proc (rw)
> sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)
> udev on /dev type tmpfs (rw)
> devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw)
> shmfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw)
> volatile on /var/volatile type tmpfs (rw)
>
>>   cd to it, go nuts.
>
> Yes, as above, I had by retracing an lscpu error message found the cpuinfo file in /proc. So I had by reading that file, found the info that I was after.
>
> What I had been hoping for, was some general-purpose method of getting my PC's command line programs to peer within the phone.
>      Commandline-program-ABC -> info about the PC
>      Commandline-program-ABC blah-phone -> info about the phone

Maybe I am missing something(*), but if your phone did not have a /proc/cpuinfo (as lscpu claims)
then no amount of mounting any which way will make it materialize.

* Am I correct, that on your phone (in the ssh window) you were unable to do this?
	cat /proc/cpuinfo

--
Eyal Lebedinsky (eyal at eyal.emu.id.au)