[clug] Video card

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Fri Nov 7 15:22:32 MST 2014

On 08/11/14 03:37, Bryan Kilgallin wrote:
> I received four of these from George. And I've tried out three of them. Which was my first installation of a video card into a PC expansion bus!
>
> I got a video feed from a Matrox AGP dual VGA card. That is, my PC's native VGA output was disabled. And one of the card's ports sent all video to the first monitor plugged into it. Ubuntu's Screen Display window said that the Lenovo monitor was a laptop. And that was the only monitor listed. So I think that for it work to work properly would require downloading a driver.

Are you saying that you had your original video card plugged (or is it on-board?) as well as the Matrox?
And you had monitors connected to the other sockets which stayed blank? And you booted the system like this?

What does the GUI configuration app (display settings whatever) list?

X interrogates any attached monitors and usually configures it automatically, and I do not recall a case
where I needed to "download" a driver.

cheers

--
Eyal Lebedinsky (eyal at eyal.emu.id.au)