[clug] Raspberry Pi WLAN issues

Brians brians at en.com.au
Tue May 27 07:27:05 MDT 2014

I have used several raspberrypi and after reading about a myriad of
problems caused by bad 5V power supplies, I always make sure the RPI
power supply is a minimum of 5V, 2A.

Try connecting an externally powered USB hub and if the flaky behavior
goes away then it was probably the power supply.

I now use an external powered 2A, 7 USB hub from Bunnings (~$30) for my
demo unit and either of the two USB wifi adapters from Jaycar.

Brian