[clug] [Makers] USB Oscilloscope recommendations for Linux

Bob Edwards Robert.Edwards at anu.edu.au
Mon Mar 3 20:02:04 MST 2014

On 04/03/14 13:23, John Telek wrote:
> Bob, I recently bought a RIGOL 100Mhz 2 ch DSO from Emona for 399 with
> usb interface and software for the PC.
>
> Shit over any USB jobby I've seen.   :)
>
>   JT
>
> PS: Happy to bring it to the space if you want to use it.

Thanks John.

I specifically need a USB-powered unit and it is not clear from the
Emona pages that the API for the Rigol scope is open and documented.
I need to be able to drive it from a Linux system.

Could you elaborate a bit on your assessment of the Rigol over the
USB units that you have seen? Which USB units have you seen and what
did you determine was deficient about them?

Thanks for your offer to bring it to the space, but I don't think
it will meet my requirements.

Cheers,

Bob Edwards.