[clug] how to use traceroute (now: iinet performance)

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Sat Jun 28 05:22:55 MDT 2014

For those still interested. Yesterday I had another support call with iinet. Again we toggled the
modem etc. and then we left it at that, and they were going to see what they could do and call
me the next day.

The surprise was that as I restarted my speed test script following the call
(results updated every 10 minutes here http://members.iinet.net.au/~eyaleb/iinet-speed.png )
the download speed was all the way up, to around the maximum possible on the relevant ADSL
sync speed (also shown on the plot now). I will let the script run a little longer.

It continued this way for over a day so far (since after 6pm yesterday). Must be magic. Or there
really is Dog. Or I have a guardian angel (finally!). I hope it will stay this way now.

Anyway, is it just me (I am on the Melba exchange) or do other sufferers see the same thing?

BTW, they did call back the next day (earlier today) and it was a very short call this time,
with nothing more needed to be done - they did not know that the situation was resolved.

cheers
	Eyal