[clug] how to use traceroute (now: iinet performance)

Scott Ferguson scott.ferguson.clug at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 23:44:56 MDT 2014

On 25/06/14 14:58, Eyal Lebedinsky wrote:

> On 06/25/14 14:34, Scott Ferguson wrote:

>>> Not here. Not with Ctrl+C and not with RightClick/copy.
>>

>> http://ge.tt/9nrnn1m1/v/0
>>
>>> This is firefox 30.0 on f19.
>>> Maybe you installed some extension?
>>
>> Yes.
>> :)
>> But never-the-less it should work for you too. Details below.
>
> Impressive list!

Only took minutes to create (if that's what you mean - otherwise most
are listed here:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/collections/Scott_Ferguson/favorites/#)

about:support
Click on the text button, pipe clipboard buffer through grep to trim
irrelevant strings.

> Do you really remember what they all do?

Yes. They all see frequent use (this is a work box). Whether you'd find
them useful would depend on what you use the browser for.

> What, no PrefBar?

No. I 'suspect' it would only duplicate the functionality of more
important (to me) extensions i.e. HTTP Headers etc, and I already know
the Firefox/Iceweasel hotkeys e.g. Ctrl+Shift+A (from memory that's
mostly what the extension does - supply a multi-level button interface
to standard shortcuts)

> I could not locate one that picks text from flash though...

Why would you? Flash, like Java and HTML either renders text as text, or
appears to render text by displaying a graphic. In the case of NDT it's
the former.
It is possible to "copy protect" text in Flash (and "get-around" those
restrictions, using the "RightToClick" extension is one way, but I'm
*not* using it) - but that should not be necessary in this case.
NOTE: NDT Details is designed so that users can copy and paste the
results to aid network administrators in resolving problems.

Are you using the proprietary Flash and Java? (that's not an endorsement
of Closed Source code, just a question to try and understand different
results). The cursor 'should' change to an I-bar when placed in the
results field after clicking on the Details button.

> If anyone else know how to, then please don't be shy and speak up.
>
> Eyal

<snipped>

Kind regards