[clug] Free voice recognition software for Ubuntu/Libre Office

jhock jhock at iinet.net.au
Mon Jul 28 00:11:41 MDT 2014

Hi All,

I have a fair bit of typing to do so I was hoping to get a draft of the
document using voice recognition and then editing by hand. I have looked
at the Ubuntu Software Centre for "speech to text" and "voice
recognition" and the extensions of Libre Office but haven't found
anything.

Does anyone know of some free voice recognition software that will work
on Ubuntu and integrate with Libre Office? I checked the CLUG archives
but I couldn't find how to search them.

Thanks in advance for any help.

John.