[clug] reminder: Open Source Developers' Conference 2014 (Gold Coast QLD) CFP still open

Arjen Lentz arjen at lentz.com.au
Wed Jul 9 21:36:57 MDT 2014

Hi all

We're looking for presenters to talk at the upcoming Open Source
Developers' Conference (4-7 November 2014, Griffith University Gold
Coast Campus, QLD). Register on the http://2014.osdc.com.au/ site, and
propose a presentation. You can submit as many proposals as you wish,
and come back to edit them later, so why not get started today?

We have space for sessions, tutorials, hands-on workshops with keyboard
or soldering iron (or both!) and yes, Miniconfs.

Speakers attend the conference for free; travel and accommodation is
still your own gig, although we may be able to make arrangements in some
special cases.

Initial CfP period closes soon, but you only have to get your abstract
in at this stage, after that you've got quite a bit of time to prep your
talk or workshop!

Topics
======

While we're looking for presentations related to creation or use of open
source, naturally, there are many aspects that you could address:

  - Cultivating an open source community – What tools, processes, or
skills are required to ensure the human aspect of a project are supported?

  - Show casing a successful, or unsuccessful open source
implemenntations – What did you do well? What did you learn? What would
you do differently next time?

  - Open source in the physical world – How does open source software or
hardware help the Internet of Things? Arduino, Raspberry Pi, 3D
printing, EEG sensors, ...

  - Open source in education - Do you have awesome resources, or perhaps
you're a teacher or facilitator? We want to hear from you!

  - Open source in the business world – How do you run your open source
business? What revenue model do you employ? What benefits and drawbacks
have you experienced?

  - Closed source in an open source world – Closed- and open source have
not just coexisted, they have collaborated. How have you come to
successfully use both?

  - Open Standards and Open Data - for documents, audio, video,
telephony, etc. Again, we'd love to hear about tools and use cases!

These, and many more topics that are relevant to today's open source
developers are desirable to help provide a diverse range of subjects at
this years conference.

Contribute!

Remember, we have ample space for sessions, tutorials, hands-on
workshops with keyboard or soldering iron (or both!) and Miniconfs.

Go on, put in your cool ideas today! http://2014.osdc.com.au/

Cheers, Arjen.
(on behalf of the OSDC 2014 organising committee)