[clug] AEC denies FOI request to source code of 'EasyCount' for counting Senate votes.

Alex (Maxious) Sadleir maxious at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 16:28:10 MDT 2014

Senator Ludlam donated to the crowd funding so he is aware of the
matter https://twitter.com/SenatorLudlam/status/484865961992806401

An order for the production of documents can be denied (which is why
it was suggested that the Information Commissioner have the ability to
review rejections
http://scott-ludlam.greensmps.org.au/content/speeches/australian-information-commissioner
)

But the Greens are going to try doing it that way, vote should be
before 4pm today
http://parlinfo.aph.gov.au/parlInfo/search/display/display.w3p;db=CHAMBER;id=chamber%2Fnotices%2F0d50f67e-6cb1-477c-915d-67bb3cd0d584%2F0005;query=Id%3A%22chamber%2Fnotices%2F0d50f67e-6cb1-477c-915d-67bb3cd0d584%2F0000%22

" *330   Senator Rhiannon : To move—That there be laid on the table by
the Special Minister of State, no later than 15 July 2014:

   (a)   all correspondence and documents, whether written or in email
form, from the Special Minister of State’s office and/or the
Australian Electoral Commission (AEC) relevant to:

              (i)   the decision of the AEC to have Mr Michael
Cordover declared a vexatious applicant, and

             (ii)   the assertion that Mr Matthew Landauer colluded
with Mr Cordover to harass the AEC; and

   (b)   the source code of the software by which Senate vote counts
are conducted."