[clug] Offline snooping

Ben Davies bdcrux at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 16:59:56 MST 2014

On 31 January 2014 10:23, Scott Ferguson <scott.ferguson.clug at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 30/01/14 21:11, Keith Sayers wrote:
> <snipped>
>
> 'They' (most work is contracted out) intercept(ed) hardware shipments
> and replaced (likely keyboards and mice) components with ones containing
> radio transmitters. Up to 8km range.
<snip>

In addition to Matthew Garrett's presentation, Suelette Dreyfus also
gave one touching on related security topics:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMrfjNez8qI

Somewhere around the middle of the presentation is a segment on an NSA
"shopping catalogue" of exploits. If you search for some of the code
names (I can't recall any names ATM, but Dreyfus mentions a few), some
media outlets published the details.

Enjoy :-)

Ben