[clug] Offline snooping

Chris Smart clug at christophersmart.com
Thu Jan 30 15:54:21 MST 2014

On 30/01/14 21:11, Keith Sayers wrote:
> Would anyone know anything about this?  I had imagined that because I was

Yeah, I've seen Homeland season 2.

> using a Linux operating system I was more secure than with Windows - am I
> being naive?

Security is like an onion, no wait, a cake or maybe parfait. I mean you
are more secure from the fact that the majority of existing malware
won't run, different security model, etc, but there is a limit. No
system is entirely secure. I mean if you or someone installs a keylogger
on your Linux box then it's going to send your keystrokes. Does that
make it a less secure operating system? Now how about a gadget?

Have you got the source code to your system's firmware?

ftp://mirror.internode.on.net/pub/linux.conf.au/2014/Thursday/182-LCA_2014_Thursday_Keynote_-_Matthew_Garrett.mp4

-c