[clug] booting linux from SD card

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Sun Jan 26 19:26:34 MST 2014

On 01/27/14 12:49, Chris Smart wrote:
> On 27/01/14 09:55, Eyal Lebedinsky wrote:
>>
>> So again: where does the Fedora BIOS entry come from?
>
> Look like an efi entry in the nvram to me. If you boot a Fedora (or
> Korora) 64bit live image you can probably run the efibootmgr command to
> see what's going on.
>
> sudo efibootmgr -v
>

> -c

I can see the entry (actually the whole menu) in the output. So this whole thing
is in an nvram on the mobo? This explains how the info survives the removal of
the media. Is the info entered by the fedora installer or by the efi BIOS itself?

BTW, installing f20 on a USB disk booted OK, I still need to see why the SD card
install is failing. I will repeat it, it takes about 10 hours on this slow media :-(

Thanks

--
Eyal Lebedinsky (eyal at eyal.emu.id.au)