[clug] Looking to donate 2U rack mount server chassis...

Jamie Carl jazz at funkynerd.com
Mon Jan 20 15:45:59 MST 2014

Hey all,

I thought the CLUG mailing list might be a good place to ask this question.

I've got a 2U rack mount server chassis that I just pulled out of my
server rack at home that is now just taking up space.  It's a Norco
RPC-2212
http://www.techbuy.com.au/p/168642/CASINGS_SERVER_-_2U/Norco/RPC-2212.asp.
It's only about 2 years old now and in perfect working order. Only
getting rid of it because it's loud, which was fine when my rack wasn't
next to my living room.

I could sell it, but as I wouldn't get much for it I though of donating
it to.... somewhere... which is where you fine people come in.  Anyone
know of a group of nerds that would be able to find a use for it?  It
doesn't have a motherboard in it at the moment, but if it helps I may be
able to scrounge one up and maybe a HDD to make it a full system.

I'd prefer to give it to some uni/community group type of thing that
would find it useful, but if I can't find one I'm happy to donate it "as
is" to anyone willing to come and pick it up.

Thanks,

Jamie Carl