[clug] Offline snooping [now lame telephone scammers]

Ben Davies bdcrux at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 17:02:57 MST 2014

On 3 February 2014 06:42, Andrew Janke <a.janke at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1 February 2014 13:28, Ben Davies <bdcrux at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Fishing for basic details seemed
>> to worry them, the caller offered to ring back & hasn't been heard
>> from since.
>
> Sadly, I haven't had a single call from such types ever since we changed to
> Naked ADSL around 6 years ago. My history of conversation with such types
> may have had something to do with this. -- "Oh yes, sounds excellent, let
> me get my credit card <interminable pause>, random string of numbers, oh
> no, that my bankcard, no, no hang on a sec ... hows the weather?, I forget,
> what am I buying again?... Ah, here it is, my Masters Card, it doesn't have
> numbers on it though? My Bunnings one does, would you like it?... "

Unfortunately, Transact forced a landline on us :-(   I found
yesterday they are running some (limited choice) NBN plans these days,
but the landline is optional. Exetel appear to have some better deals
going, but I digress.

This site generates fake details to annoy scammers:
http://www.fakenamegenerator.com/gen-male-au-au.php

Enjoy :-)

Ben