[clug] bebug puzzel

Scott Ferguson scott.ferguson.clug at gmail.com
Sat Feb 1 01:12:09 MST 2014

On 01/02/14 18:45, Wesley Bruce wrote:
> bebug, bebug, that shows how frazzled this heat's got me. I mean debug. you
> all knew that I bet.
>

> On Sat, Feb 1, 2014 at 4:51 PM, Wesley Bruce <wesleyianbruce at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> I'm back. And I've blown up my computer again.lol.
>> Windows messed with a empty partition the linux side of my dual boot uses
>> so I get a debug message when trying to start the linux. I thought I had a
>> full backup but there a problem with that too. Either that Or I've lost the
>> flash it was all on.
>>
>> I get this :
>> Dropping to debug shell.
>>
>> sh: can't access tty; job control turned off
>>
>> I've been told to run fsck but can't decipher the instructions even though
>> I have a full book of linux code.
>> Any help would be appreciated including a house call if needed.
>> I don't think I've lost the data but if I have it puts me back about 2
>> years thanks to the botched backup.

fsck has failed on your / partition so it's been remounted read only,
hence the tty error message.
. you are already root
. *if* it's an ext4 partition do the following (substitute your root
partition for /dev/sda2, I'm guessing you have Widoof installed on the
first primary slice)

e2fsck -p /dev/sda2

Kind regards