[clug] Sourceforge Project Sleepyhead

Craig Small csmall at enc.com.au
Thu Dec 25 15:08:17 MST 2014

On Thu, Dec 25, 2014 at 09:45:24PM +1100, Keith Goggin wrote:
> Now if your not completely fed up, is there an easy way to tell what I
> installed but didn't need?
>
> The reason I want to know is I want to write it up for other Linux users of
> Sleepyhead who like me were told it works in Linux but your on your own to
> build it.
The two way I've seen or used:
You basically ldd all the libraries and binaries it creates. Try to find
those libraries with things like dpkg -S

Second way is you setup a pbuilder or something like this. Then only
install what you need until it compiles.

The first way is easier, but much less accurate.
The second way is, to an extent, very accurate. It's basically what
is recommended for Debian packagers. In that case you have to be
accurate to update the control file so the automatic builders of the
package for other architectures install the right thing.

 - Craig

--
Craig Small (@smallsees)   http://enc.com.au/       csmall at : enc.com.au
Debian GNU/Linux           http://www.debian.org/   csmall at : debian.org