[clug] MFP Printers

Michael James michael at james.st
Thu Dec 11 18:20:00 MST 2014

On 12 Dec 2014, at 11:37 am, Andrew Janke <a.janke at gmail.com> wrote:

> Far better than the plethora of HP devices I've had in the past but
> that's just my anecdotal experience.

I have 2 HP devices,
 the first is a perfect example of why I always bought HP
 the second explains why I will never buy another.

The first is an HP4050N, it’s an old B&W workgroup laser printer.
Bought it at auction 2nd hand, runs for ages on a refilled toner cartridge,
 networked, accessible to anything with a generic postscript driver.

The 2nd is an HP2510 Multi Function printer/scanner/copier/fax.
All proprietary drivers, they stopped producing the updates 4 iterations of MacOS ago.
I can only scan using Vuescan (a brilliant piece of software, never regretted buying it).
Expensive cartridges, hard to refill. No more HPs for me.

The Fuji Xerox cm305df sounds interesting…

michaelj