[clug] Recommendations or warnings about using USB OTG flash drives in normal PC's and laptops?

Brett Worth brett.worth at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 02:16:56 MST 2014

On 04/12/14 19:20, steve jenkin wrote:
> I’ve only just noticed these devices on the market, and that they’ll both plug into tablets/smartphones and PC’s.
>
> Apart from the microUSB connector, are there any operational problems or differences I should know about or research?

Not that I know of.  I've got one of these:

	http://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/toshiba-16-gb-duo-2-in-1-usb-flash-drive-toduo16grd?searchTerm=%20Toshiba%2016GB%20Duo%202%20in%201%20USB%20Flash%20Drive

and I can just plug it into my linux laptop, copy files onto it, then plug the other end
into my Samsung phone to copy them off.  Works a treat.

The phone runs Android 4.4.2.

I'm just running vfat on it though I assume it could have ext on it.

Brett

--