[clug] Snowdrift.coop

Scott Ferguson scott.ferguson.clug at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 19:38:21 MST 2014

On 3 December 2014 at 11:04, Eyal Lebedinsky <eyal at eyal.emu.id.au> wrote:
> With all due respect Scott,

With the /greatest/ respect Eyal,

> Unless the post is about a widely understood subject there should be *some*
> hint regarding what the link is about.

Really? I guess it's never bother me.
Presuming the best intentions and not just a sense of entitlement - I
feel the same way about top-posting on lists (it's easier to move the
mouse than write a summary for a link to a FOSS project that explains
itself).
Don't take the wrong way.

> I am uneasy clicking on email links that I have no idea about.

I'm sorry to hear that.
[curious] Is that just email links or links in general - if not the latter, why?

I don't understand your problem (I can be a bit thick) - could you
expand on that please?
Have you considered Googling the link or would the same reasons for
your uneasiness still apply?
e.g.:-
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=https://snowdrift.coop/p/snowdrift/w/en/intro

It's a project that may be of interest to FOSS supporters  - that they
may not have heard about, for funding projects.

> Even more so when the "Reply-To" header is unrelated to the "From", or am I
> misreading the whole thing?

I /assume/ so, short of more explanation for your reasoning - I'm not
currently inviting off-list replies due to work-load.

> cheers
>         Eyal
>
> On 03/12/14 10:41, Scott Ferguson wrote:
>>
>> Dear list,
>>                 I hope some find this project interesting (and news):-
>> https://snowdrift.coop/p/snowdrift/w/en/intro

Kind regards

--
“One size does not fit all.” ~ Frank Zappa