[clug] [OT] How many CLUG members

Martin Schwenke martin at meltin.net
Fri Aug 22 18:48:37 MDT 2014

On Fri, 22 Aug 2014 16:05:57 +1000, Scott Ferguson
<scott.ferguson.clug at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 22/08/14 10:01, Martin Schwenke wrote:

> >> Linux primarily. Samba as a CIFS/SMB file system used on Linux to
> >> connect to Windoof.
> >
> > I guess that question is really: Why linux at lists.samba.org?
>
> That makes no sense.
>
> The *OP's* question - perhaps (though they didn't ask), but not mine?
> Unless I've lost all grasp on quoting and context.
>
> I'm not sure what the point is you're trying to make - but appropriate
> trimming and attribution would have made it clearer. :)

Sure, I lost an attribution but the indented citation makes it
clear.  ;-)

It was a polite clarification of your answer.  This list is generally
not about Samba.  I don't see many Samba questions asked and answered
here, except when people mistakenly think that linux at lists.samba.org is
for asking questions about Samba on Linux.

I think that particular question was based on the email address of the
list and in my cursory reading of the thread, I hadn't seen anyone
answer that point.

Have a nice day...  :-)

peace & happiness,
martin