[clug] [JOBS] A short term and long term Linux sysadmin role in the offing

Hugh Blemings hugh at blemings.org
Sun Aug 17 22:23:52 MDT 2014

Hiya,

I've had the slightly bemusing circumstance of two different friends
contact me looking for two slightly different Linux sysadmin style roles
all in a matter of two days... :)

One is short term - basically migrate services run on an existing Linux
server over to a new box freshly installed with a suitable distro.

It's a dev box so you'll need to know what to do with jenkins, svn, trac
and the like.  Once migration is complete there will be a need for
ongoing maintenance.

Other is likely longer term, but may require shift work and is a bit
more programming centric - scripting, general sysadmin etc.

It will probably not work out for one person to do both roles BTW...

Neither company is a FOSS company per-se buy IMHO do interesting work
and use Linux to accomplish that.  Nor have I actually worked for them
myself, but know the people involved to be good folk :)

If you're interested drop me an email off list.

Cheers,
Hugh