[clug] security

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Sun Sep 29 10:01:08 CEST 2013

On Sun, 29 Sep 2013 04:32:50 PM Alan Vidler wrote:
> Main grizzle was each needed different processes for clearance
> and each ignored prior clearance;
Indeed, this is how it was.
> I hope (but am not confident) that 'the government' have got
> their 'Security Clearance' act together a bit better by now...
Per the earlier link for AGSVA:
<quote>
The Australian Government Security Vetting Agency (AGSVA) is located within
the Department of Defence and is the central agency for the processing,
evaluating and granting of security clearances for the Commonwealth. The AGSVA
conducts clearances for the majority of Government under a fee-for-service
model.
All clearances granted by AGSVA are portable across all agencies (excluding
exempt agencies). This single, consistent approval has improved the clearance
process by:
- providing one clearance that is effective across government;
- removing inconsistencies between previous clearance processes; and
- increasing the efficiency for all parties.
</quote>

So the answer is yes, the act is more together.

More about the change: http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/about.htm

Brad