[clug] Ada Initiative 'Allies Workshop' @ MHV

Brenda Moon brenda at moon.net.au
Thu Sep 12 03:04:57 CEST 2013

Hello,

Make Hack Void has invited Mary from the Ada Initiative to come to
Canberra and run an Allies Workshop on Saturday 21 September from
2-4pm. The Ada Initiative supports women in open technology and
culture.

The Allies Workshop focuses on what individual people can do to make
their workplace or community a better, more positive place for women.
The workshop teaches people how to respond to sexism in a productive
way, whether online, in the workplace, or in person. More detail about
the workshop is available here: http://adainitiative.org/what-we
do/workshops-and-training

The workshop is free.  People from open technology or open culture
groups and communities, of all genders, are welcome to attend.

If you would like to attend, please email me to reserve a place. We
need a minimum of 15 people by this Saturday (14th) for the workshop
to go ahead (at this stage we have 8). The workshop works best with
between 20-40 participants and 50% men.

Other links:
http://adainitiative.org/2013/09/ada-initiative-to-run-allies-workshop-in-canberra-september-21/
http://www.makehackvoid.com/news/ada-initiative-allies-workshop-mhv