[clug] [OT] In search of a 7" to 10" monitor for my Pi

Stephen Gibson Stephen.Gibson at anu.edu.au
Tue Oct 22 19:15:56 MDT 2013

Hi Randall,

(1) Run headless, then you may use whatever size monitor you like :-)

(2) This does not meet your 7-10" monitor size, but I picked up a
"320x240 LCD with integrated SSD1289 controller",  for $17.

  It is a 3.2" touch screen,  from Sainsmart

http://www.sainsmart.com/home-page-view/sainsmart-3-2-tft-lcd-display-touch-panel-pcb-adapter-sd-slot-for-arduino-2560.html

there is lots of information on how to build the interface circuit for
the raspberry pi

http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=33679

  and the feedback/videos for this screen look good.

~$17 can't go wrong.

Steve

PS: I have the screen, and a gunzty board (not required, but the build
is simper), but have not built mine yet  .... (no free time at the moment).