[clug] rsync question

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Fri Nov 29 22:21:16 MST 2013

Thanks Stephen,

I see. I would have expected the on-disk to not be used when an in-core cached copy exists.
However, the idea that when the cached copy goes away the on-disk copy is read and is wrong,
then it gets rewritten and looks good afterwards. This suggests that file operations use
an in-core structure that is not vulnerable to the 2-second rounding. I probably need to
look into linux internals *every* 20 years...

cheers
	Eyal

--
Eyal Lebedinsky	(eyal at eyal.emu.id.au)