[clug] rsync question
eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Fri Nov 29 19:22:09 MST 2013
I have a directory tree where I keep my media. I keep a copy on a USB3.0 disk that I attach from
time to time.
I use rsync to replicate the data. I noticed that running rsync after a few hours will repeat
the work. I checked and the size and time of the files never change, yet what looks like a full
replication seems to take place.
If I repeat in on a smaller subtree, after a few minutes, it does nothing (as expected), but later
(even just after it completes the full one hour sync of the full set) and the whole work repeats.
- I did a 'diff -ru' of the trees and they are identical.
- A listing of the two trees shows all times and sized are identical.
- No extended attributes are listed.
- All the data is owned by me and the command runs as me as well.
- the local fs is ext4, the usb is vfat
The command I use is to copy the 'CDs' directory:
rsync -aHSKv --delete --progress /audio/CDs /usb/audio
What else should I check?
Eyal Lebedinsky (eyal at eyal.emu.id.au)
More information about the linux