[clug] Portable computing options?

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Sun Nov 17 21:54:47 MST 2013

On 17 November 2013 20:48, Ben Davies <bdcrux at gmail.com> wrote:
> Having returned a *third* defective Asus transformer...

I hear your pain. My Infinity has a stuffed hinge, can't be bothered
with the RMA process just yet.

I gave up a few months back, drank the cool-aid and bought a 13"
Retina MacBook as I could find nothing else that matched the
resolution. Previous to this I have been a thinkpad/lenovo stalwart.
It's fast enough to run virtualbox with a few Ubuntu/debian VM's in
it, I use this all the time for dev work with no trouble. Bash and
friends are all available via macports.

So far despite trying I haven't found a reason to not like it.  SSD,
battery life all good.