[clug] November CLUG Programmers' Special Interest Group meeting

Paul Wayper paulway at mabula.net
Mon Nov 11 15:00:03 MST 2013

	CLUG Programmers' Special Interest Group Meeting - 14th November 2013

Date:		14th November 2013 (Second Thursday of the month)

Time:		19:00 - 21:00 (or when it finishes)

Speaker:	Andrew Tridgell

Abstract:	This talk is about taking an autopilot implementation
		originally designed for an 8 bit AVR microcontroller
		running at 16 MHz, and migrating it first to a 32 bit
		ARM running at 168 MHz, and now to running on an
		embedded ARM Linux board running at 1 GHz.

		The APM:Plane code has now begun to support native
		embedded Linux machines, which opens up some very
		interesting possibilities for flight controllers, while
		also presenting some challenges in trying to make time
		sensitive code run on Linux. I'll be demonstrating the
		APM code running on a BeagleBone black, and talking
		about the hardware abstraction layer in the code that
		makes the port possible, and the challenges of getting
		consistent timing for controlling an aircraft on Linux.

Venue:		Room N101
		Computer Science and Information Technology Building
		North Road
		The Australian National University

		See http://clug.org.au/ for more directions and a map

Food/drink:	Pizza and soft drink/juice. Come hungry, and bring
		about $6 to cover the cost of your share if you
		want some.

If you would like to give a talk at a future meeting, please email me.