[clug] Off topic: recommendations for a reliable wireless router?

Ben Davies bdcrux at gmail.com
Fri May 24 07:49:15 MDT 2013

Hi all,

I need to get a new wireless router as my current Netgear device is
starting to play up (connections are dropped & wireless performance is
terrible - negating having FTTH!).

Anyhow, I was wondering if anyone has similar requirements & can
recommend something already in use. Roughly speaking, I'm looking for:
- something midrange for home use (mostly email, web browsing,
potentially a media server for the idiot box)
- support for 802.11n and IPV6
- USB ports (can get by with 1, 2 is probably more useful though)
- reliable! I'd rather not go shopping again 6-12 months down the track :-)

I'm probably goig to steer clear of Netgear - a number of reviews
listed recurring problems with dropouts/connection problems/devices
dying.

Any suggestions welcome!

Thanks,

Ben