[clug] LXC testing?

Robert Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Tue May 14 01:05:39 MDT 2013

With the recent release of Debian 7.0 Wheezy, I have started weening
myself off of the excellent OpenVZ container system and migrating over
to Linux Containers (LXC) (Wheezy no longer provides OpenVZ kernels,
as LXC has reached an optimum maturity level).

However, LXC is still not as "mature" as OpenVZ and there are various
reports (mostly out-of-date) that LXC containers may be easier to break
out of.

So, my question is, does anyone know of any "pentest" scripts etc. that
I can use to test the known "jailbreak" vulnerabilities in LXC (or any
container mechanism, for that matter)? I want it for verification that
my host configuration is set up correctly.

I have tried searching around on the "web", but others search-foo might
be (is likely to be) better than mine.

Cheers,

Bob Edwards.