[clug] CLUG in need of a new cat herder (linux Digest, Vol 125, Issue 5, Message 4)

Miles Goodhew mgoodhew at gmail.com
Mon May 6 18:36:38 MDT 2013

All,

> Date: Mon, 06 May 2013 13:58:34 +1000
> From: Robert Edwards <bob at cs.anu.edu.au>
>
> On 05/05/13 21:37, Paul Wayper wrote:
>> 6) A person to record CLUG meetings.  This would be either audio or
> I'm happy to set up a (my) video camera and press record at the
> beginning of a presentation and stop at the end (maybe even pan and
> zoom a bit, if necessary). Then transfer the MJPEG to somewhere and
> run a script that spits out the variety of free formats in reasonable
> sizes, if someone tells me what that means in practice. Then upload
> the result to http://mirror.linux.org.au, if they are agreeable to us
> gobbling up space.

  I've already approached Paul IRL about it, but I'd be interested in
helping with transcoding and distribution (i.e. subsequent copies from
a canonical reliable source to less reliable channels like YouTube,
BitTorrent, etc.)
  Eventually I'd also like to do a bit of editing, mixing and tweaking
if time and toolset permits (e.g. audio clean-up and multi-camera
stuff).
  This part I have difficulty with is actually being at the meetings
to handle filming.

M0les.

--
Miles Goodhew,