[clug] raspberry pi MythTV frontend or another option?

Robert Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Sun Mar 24 22:27:37 MDT 2013

On 25/03/13 09:11, Paul wrote:

> Thanks  for the reply, I think this should not be an issue as I'm mostly
> using it on recorded mpeg2 files from DVB ie recorded TV shows plus some
> ripped DVB avi files.
>
> This certainly seems the cheapest even if its not the most optimal
> platform anyone know of any other barebones platforms around the
> $100-$200 mark?
>
> Paul

Have you looked at the pcDuino ($74 from Littlebird Electronics):
http://littlebirdelectronics.com/products/pcduino-dev-board
(much higher spec'd than a RPi).

Or, if you want something locally developed (right here in Canberra),
check out the Hackberry A10 ($65) or the Cubieboard ($49):
https://www.miniand.com

There are tons of much better alternatives to the RPi (always have
been...). I also +1 Jessica's recommendation of the WDTV - getting
on a bit now, but a solid little performer.

Bob Edwards.