[clug] Password Managers for Ordinary Older Mortals: Recommendations?

Chris Barton chris at gredil.net
Mon Mar 18 04:04:06 MDT 2013

On 17/03/2013 10:54 PM, Ivan Lazar Miljenovic wrote:
> On 17 March 2013 21:59, Chris Barton <chris at gredil.net> wrote:
>> Big fan of LastPass (https://lastpass.com/) personally. Plugins to most
>> browsers on Linux and apps for mobile devices. For even more security
>> supports Yubikey (which gets you premium for free) which works really
>> well. Able to import/export and tightly control mobile access.
> How does Yubikey (isn't that the USB thingy they gave out at LCA2011
> that I still haven't found a use for?) get you premium for free?
> Looking at the LastPass website, you have to have Premium to be able
> to use Yubikey :/
>
> Also, doesn't using Yubikey prevent you from using a mobile app? (IIUC)
Mobile devices are still fine but must be permitted individually. I use
it with Android. WRT Yubikey you have to buy one. Looks like the "for
free" deal is now a bundle ($8 extra gets you Lastpass Premium)
https://store.yubico.com/store/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=25&osCsid=irdg41cbffbhrt17ijigtv6f74