[clug] Calendar server for Debian?

Daniel Black daniel.subs at internode.on.net
Sun Jun 30 23:15:03 MDT 2013

On 01/07/13 12:12, Carlo Hamalainen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to run my own calendar server on my Debian server. My
> requirements are pretty basic:
>
> * Thunderbird as client on my laptop.
> * Something as client on my android phone (Galaxy S3).
>
> So far I have tried:
>
> * calendarserver. Seems ok but (1) I can't get it to send invite emails,
> and (2) Thunderbird refuses to manually send invite emails.
>
> * DAViCal. Works well with Thunderbird but I can't find a free Android
> app that interfaces with it.

Do you mean CalDav?

I've used radicale an the server side that's nice and simple (python
wsgi or own built in server).

I've got some server code that can send emails as a form and update the
calendar. I've even got the code that will display a calendar (to day
granularity) of what which days have calendar items (with the rest of
the contents hidden).

Happy to provide this. Its on the plan to open source once I clean up
the code :-)

Doesn't solve the free android app for CalDAV.