[clug] [OT] The Register is trying to crowfund $100-$250K for indep study on NBN

Mike Carden mike.carden at gmail.com
Sun Jun 23 01:25:16 MDT 2013

How does paranoia scale?

When we connected via 2400 bit packet radio (well, some of us did), we sent
little and I doubt anyone cared. When we had 14.4 dial up modems we sent
more and in my experience nobody cared. 56K modems... TransAct cable...
ADSL... the speeds increased and so did the data volume. Maybe somebody
cares. Now you can do naughty things that you may not have done at low bit
rates. Are the Watchers better equipped?

I just wonder how rational the paranoia is.

--
MC