[clug] [OT] The Register is trying to crowfund $100-$250K for indep study on NBN

matt andrews matt at xomerang.com
Sun Jun 23 01:06:39 MDT 2013

On 22 June 2013 00:31, Paul Wayper <paulway at mabula.net> wrote:

> On 06/21/2013 02:55 AM, matt andrews wrote:
> > Peh, The Register.  They used to be interesting on tech stories in the
> > mid-noughties... but given their track record of broadcasting
> > anti-science climate-denial rubbish in recent years, they have no
> > credibility whatsoever these days in my eyes.  Might as well be reading a
> > News Limited tabloid.
>
> So you're willing to dismiss their technical articles based on their
> environmental opinion?

No, I'm prepared to dismiss their editorial judgement for endlessly
reporting junk science and generally ignoring good science (in the climate
area) - which is nothing to do with opinion and everything to do with an
inability/unwillingness to make any kind of sane judgement on the
credibility of their sources.

This was way OT in the first place, so apologies for extending it further.
I'll shut up (on this) now.