[clug] rsync question [solved]

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Sat Jun 22 19:02:04 MDT 2013

I ran a small test on one failed directory and this time I *did* see permission errors.
I ten realized that I need to tell rsync daemon to launch as root and added
	uid = root
	gid = root
to the config.

Things look much better now...

I am still unsure as to why this happens. I somehow expected that running the command
as root will launch the daemon as root (on the other side) too, with proper authentication.
I probably need to read the doco more closely.

Thanks everyone,
	Eyal

--
Eyal Lebedinsky	(eyal at eyal.emu.id.au)