[clug] Position Vacant

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Wed Jul 17 04:07:12 MDT 2013

On 17 Jul 2013, at 18:06, Mike Carden <mike.carden at gmail.com> wrote:

> And in the English language, we don't say. "contact myself". I leave the
> correction to you.

I see that all the time: "contact myself in the first instance, or X, Y or Z."

Usually from the same people that prefer to "strategize" rather than "devise a course of action," or even "form an action plan." Suit-wearers seem to be more comfortable with talking about doing things rather than actually doing them, and talking about "me" is taboo.

So I prefer not correcting these people in order that their business-speak can act as a warning to potential victims.

Alex