[clug] remote ssh or console - hitting a key to update stdout

Neil Symons neil.symons at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 00:26:00 MDT 2013

Hi,

Has anyone come up with a situation where you build two linux servers (in
this case OEL6) and both are doing the following;

Run a top command and you have to press a key for it to update
and running ping command and you have to press enter for it to update.

It's like every refresh is paused until a keyboard interrupt is performed

I don't recall ever coming across this and I think I have come up with a
small challenge.

Regards,

Neil Symons