[clug] Linux LVM or cache solutions for SSD + HDD

Jamie Carl jazz at funkynerd.com
Thu Jan 24 18:38:58 MST 2013

Steve,

Not 'exactly' the same as what you're asking about, but I have an SSHD
"hybrid" drive in my notebook that sort of does that stuff
automaticallyin the drive itself.

It'sa 750GB Seagate Momentus XT which has 8GB of SSD storage in it.  It
keeps the OS in the SSD, I think by access time after start-up.  The
more you boot the faster it gets until everythingyou use regularly is on
the SSD.  This approachmakes it OS independent (using mine under
Linux).  Pretty cool and fast little drive.

Interested to see if there is a way of tying multiple drives together
for larger applications as well though.

Jamie